Melville Capital is a Life Settlement Broker focused on monetizing and liquidating existing Life Insurance Policies in insolvency-related matters where the insurance policy is unwanted, unnecessary or too expensive to maintain. We represent individuals and/or companies in transition, Turnaround and Bankruptcy advisors, and Trustees.
We handle all aspects of the transaction, including negotiating and accepting bids from competing Institutional Investors.
The end result is that the client receives a lump sum cash settlement that is, on average, 4x’s more the Cash Surrender Value(1) and is also relieved of all future premium payments.
What to Look For:
- Policies on those 70 years and older
- Policies $500k+ in Death Benefit/Face Amount
- Universal Life, Variable Universal Life, Survivorship Universal Life and Convertible Term Policies***
***Many Corporate Owned Policies are Term, and as such, there may be significant hidden value in these "no cash value" policies.
Corporate Application of Life Settlements
Companies have changing circumstances which make Key-Person life insurance policies or policies used to fund a buy/sell agreement superfluous.
Change of circumstances include:
- Retirement or Loss of Key Executive(s)
- M&A, Private Equity Transactions
- Declining Financial Performance
Potential Benefits to the Company/Client:
- Proceeds from a policy sale can fund a turnaround, reduce leverage, drive liquidation or recovery values
- Helps pay Professional Fees
- Maximizes asset recovery for Creditors
- Provides a point of differentiating for the Professional suggesting this option
- No obligation & no upfront costs
- Relief of premium expense
- Alternative to surrendering or lapsing a policy